Saturday, June 1, 2013

Fight the Power


One of the first assignments we got in my Gr. 12 Computer Arts class was called Fight the Power. We were told to "create an artwork that fights against oppression, authority and the mainstream, and gives power back to those without a voice". In order words, create an artwork about people affected by the media or how they overcome struggles created by it.

I decided to talk about how children grow up surrounded by media and how they are affected by what they see.They see the importance of beauty and become self-cautious, they watch violence and see no problem with it. It's almost as if... the real parents are the media, teaching kids from a young age all sorts of things.

Even though not every child is negatively affected by this, it is still a very common issue. Sooo this is what I decided to show in my assignment!

Please try to ignore my inability to shade. :'D IF THERE IS ONE THING THAT I URGENTLY NEED TO PRACTICE FOR NEXT YEAR, IT IS PAINTING.

No comments:

Post a Comment